All the money raised from the Songwriting Challenge will be split between two charities, Marie Curie Cancer Care and Garston Animal Rescue, in memory of Liverpool Acoustic team member Sharon Jones who died in May 2011. In this post we’re focussing on Marie Curie Hospice, Woolton, Liverpool.
Marie Curie Hospice, Woolton
Located in the peaceful Woolton Village conservation area, the purpose-built Marie Curie Hospice Liverpool offers a modern approach to care with a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. They offer specialist care for people with cancer and other life-limiting illnesses and support for families completely free. Their in-patient unit has 30 beds. They have a fully-equipped day service department and some services are offered in patients’ homes.
Statement of purpose
- They aim to promote the best quality of life and death according to the wishes of the individual person
- They aim to meet the overall needs of the individual person
- Their services include physical, emotional and spiritual care for patients together with support for the people who are close to them
- They aim to meet the needs of people from all cultures and communities
- Each hospice employs a team of health and social care professionals, including medical and nursing staff; specially trained in pain and symptom control; occupational therapists, chaplains, physiotherapists and social workers.