Ten talented local songwriters have won a place at the Liverpool Acoustic Songwriting Challenge 2016 Showcase Final taking place on Friday 25th November at Mathew Street’s View Two Gallery.
Songwriters from across the region submitted brand new songs inspired by works of art on display at the View Two Gallery during the entry period in September and October. Judges Stephen Langstaff, Kaya Herstad Carney, Robert Vincent and Jon Lawton listened to all of the entries and gave each one a score based on lyrics, melody, composition and originality. The points from the judges were added together and the songwriters with the ten highest scores were awarded a place at the Showcase Final.
Each of the ten finalists will perform their song at the Showcase Final with an image of the work of art that inspired it projected onto the wall for everyone to see. At the end of the night the winner of the Judges’ Award will be announced and a vote will be taken to find the Audience Favourite winner. The winning songwriters in each category will have their songs professionally recorded at Crosstown Studios.
In addition, there will be a special performance on the night from Operation Lightfoot, who were such a big hit at last year’s Showcase Final.
The finalists are (in alphabetical order):-
- Alison Benson – Black Pearls (Unfinished Business)
- Christy Myers – One last drink in the Cracke
- Denis Parkinson – Voices
- Ed Jones – Love Is Blind
- John Armstrong & Ultan Mulhern – No Place I Call My Home
- Kevin Critchley – Wildnerness
- Kevin Eustace – Good Intentions
- Kevin Forde – The Daydreamer
- Terry Naylor – The Boy With the Gretsch
- Tom Stichbury – John the Janitor
Each of the ten songs is available to listen to on the Songwriting Challenge SoundCloud page where you can also see the work of art that inspired it and read the lyrics.
Entry to the Showcase Final is £5 in advance only and tickets go on general sale from 9.00am on Wednesday 9th November. All money raised will be divided between Marie Curie Cancer Care’s Woolton Centre and Garston Animal Rescue in memory of Liverpool Acoustic team member Sharon Jones.
Please note this event starts promptly at the earlier time of 8.00pm with the doors open from 7.30pm.
- Event: Liverpool Acoustic Songwriting Challenge – Showcase Final 2016
- Date: Friday 25th November 2016
- Times: Doors 7.30pm, start 8.00pm, finish before 11.00pm
- Venue: View Two Gallery, 23 Mathew Street, Liverpool
- Tickets: £5 advance ONLY wegottickets.com/
Tickets available from 9.00am on 9th November
- The facebook event can be found here
- Details of all Liverpool Acoustic music events can be found at liverpoolacoustic.co.uk/
- For press enquiries & guestlist email email@example.com.