Eleven songwriters have been chosen to perform at the Showcase Final for the Liverpool Acoustic Songwriting Challenge 2013 on Friday 22nd November at Mathew Street’s View Two Gallery.
Each of the finalists will perform their song with an image of the work of art that inspired it projected onto the wall for everyone to see. At the end of the night the Judges’ Award winner will be announced and a vote will be taken to find the Audience Favourite winner. The winning songwriters in each category will have their songs professionally recorded at Crosstown Studios.
In addition, there will be a performance on the night from judge Kaya Herstad Carney, plus a very special secret guest.
The finalists are (in order of entry):-
- Paul Robertson – Dream Dancers Dream
- SheBeat – Lonely At The Top
- Elizabeth Angeli – Paper Napkin Rose
- Paul Greene – Windows
- Barry Jones – The Ballad of George and Maude
- Peter McPartland – The Fire In The Room
- Derek King – Beautiful In Blue
- Luke Moore and Muirann McDermott Long – Did I Try
- Alexandra Jayne – 1969
- Les Stamper – I’m Coming Back
- Leanne Griffifths – Betty
Entry to this event is £5 in advance only with all money raised being divided between Marie Curie’s Woolton Centre and Garston Animal Rescue in memory of Liverpool Acoustic team member Sharon Jones.
Please note this event starts promptly at the earlier time of 8.00pm with the doors open from 7.30pm.
- Event: Liverpool Acoustic Songwriting Challenge Showcase Final 2013
- Date: Friday 22nd November 2013
- Times: Doors 7.30pm, start 8.00pm, finish before 11.00pm
- Venue: View Two Gallery, 23 Mathew Street, Liverpool
- Tickets: £5 advance ONLY wegottickets.com/
- The facebook event can be found here
- Details of all Liverpool Acoustic music events can be found at liverpoolacoustic.co.uk/